Monday, September 26, 2016

Life is *Gucci*









The other day, I had a little bit of free time on my hands between classes, so I made my way over to the Gucci flagship store here in Florence to marvel. In striking up a conversation with one of the shop's assistants, our conversation naturally drifted towards Gucci's most recent presentation in Milan, showcasing the latest work of creative genius, Alessandro Michele.

"The collections just keep getting better and better...I don't know how this is," she commented. "It is a very special time for Gucci."

Special indeed. What once - at least, to me - was a brand circulating tired prints, designs and fabrics is now experiencing one hell of a rebirth under the direction of Michele. Gucci is no longer just a luxury design house, but a pioneer in the synthesis of art, fashion, and contemporary culture. 

Have a peak, enjoy, marvel, etc.

XX,

No comments:

Post a Comment